Re: Is there anybody there?

eanders+@CMU.EDU (Eric A. Anderson) wrote:

> quinet@montefiore.ulg.ac.be (Raphael Quinet) writes:
> > So what?  Right now, I'm working on another project because I see no point in
> > continuing until Frank returns or until someone else "officialy" maintains the
> > CrossFire distribution.  Sigh!
> If we all agreed to put crossfire into CVS, and someone donated
> machine time, we could work on it as a big group project.  It would
> require that people keep a list of what they're working on to try and
> keep collisions from happening.  I'd be willing to donate machine
> time, but I can't export NFS because I'm currently running alex which
> uses the nfs stuff to provide an anonymous ftp filesystem.

Crossfire has to be re-programmed to use a client-server approach if we want
to have an efficient and really distributed program.  I'm not sure that the
intermediate versions will be easy to maintain if several people are working
on the project.

But once this has been done (the client-server conversion), this should be
easier to maintain and to share between several programmers.  CVS is probably
the best system to use in this case.

One last thing: I can't export NFS because out net connection is damn too
slow!

-Raphael