Crossfire maintenance.

 I wrote this before, but I think I replied to an individual person instead
of the list.

 I think any maintenance, and thus official releases, would be good.  People
could still hack on their individual pieces (perhaps the maintainer would
keep track of what each person is doing), without any problems.

 However, with official releases, it would then mean that these changes
would then get put in the master source, so other people could use them, as
well as having moderately new versions to make diffs of.

 The problem with a file sharing problem is several.  First, those people
with slow net connections, or who hack on unix machines not connected
permantly to the net, have problems.  Also, for those that hack on school
machines or public accounts, possibly would not be able to get the files
via nfs, as you need to be root in order to use the mount command (and thus
mount nfs partitions.)

 I would be willing to become official maintener/patch collector of the
source, as I have a bit of free time right now.  I can't promise doing a lot
of hacking on it myself, but I would certainly put out new versions and
apply patches I receive.

 One thing that should be done, no matter how becomes the official person,
is to archive up the version Frank was working on.  Unless it is considered
better to go back to the last official release as a baseline.

   Mark Wedel
master@rahul.net