Re: Crossfire comments

 The changes of Peter's about classes equipping armor or weapons has made
it into my copy.  At least they are pretty different character classes,
in terms of having certain immunities but can't use weapons/armor.

 The only difference between pretty much all the other character classes
is starting bonuses, max value for stats, and starting equipment.  Many
of which can quickly dissappear (character typically don't keep their
starting equipment very long, and with the raise ability potions and
rings, you can almost become any class you want, given time.)

 Items:  Using weight to figure out what and item is partially works.
Some artifacts will have standard item weight if they are otherwise
not magical (ie, club of Zormola).  And in some cases, cursed equipment
will actually be lighter and not heavier.

 In general, what I do, is cast detect magic on all the loot, sell all
the nonmagical equipment (no point in identifying it.)  Then sell all
equipment that is heavier than normal (this is the cursed stuff).  Then
I identify the rest of the equipment (most of which is non cursed with
magical pluses).

 It does sort of make the game into knowing how much the various stuff
should weigh.  However, a character should also have this knowledge.
I don't know if there is good solution to this.

 --Mark