Re: crossfire on the WWW

On Tue, 8 Mar 1994, Simon McIntosh-Smith wrote:

> > Hi, I erased that mail on the crossfire mosaic site, I would be
> > interested in checking it out...can someone forward me the site again?
>
> There are currently 3 sights on the WWW regarding crossfire:
>
> Frank Tore Johansen's Crossfire pages:
>   http://www.ifi.uio.no:/~frankj/crossfire
>
> Cardiff University's crossfire pages:
>   http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk:/Fun
>
> City University London's crossfire pages:
>   http://web.cs.city.ac.uk:/documents/games/crossfire.html
>
> I think they each refer to one another. Frank has mentioned possibly
> mergin the sites and having them all mirror one another, but nothing
> is decided yet.

Yes, there could be made a crossweb.tar.gz :) package that is
mirrored.

Or because the www forms the logic view independed to the
existence on documentation, the pages could be divided into
different servers and people interested. And servers are the
"entried" by one known "official" server.

As I see there are now subjects to share:

	- Common description (Frank's page)
	- Spoilers
	- Person's homepage list (= credits)
	- manual
	- documentation
	- map design style guide

And more, for example if some wants to use his/her imagination
there could be writed some kind of monster collection (ala AD&D).

email: Petri.Heinila@lut.fi
  www: <A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~hevi/">Homepage</A>
 mail: Ainonkatu 2A
       53100 Lappeenranta