Re: Weight

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@ifi.uio.no>

> Too convenient. And in any case, IMHO, "dollars" doesn't fit into the
> Crossfire world. I'd much rather see an even more expensive form of
> gems in the game. (some people carry around ~100 kilos of diamonds)
> Uhm - something should be done about the weights... It is not unusual
> that people carry around 10 times their own weight.

The current money systems works quite well and diamonds are valuable
enough. The problem is that players carry all their treasures with them
all the time. We need those saved maps (inns, houses and banks).
[ hmm, much talk but little code :( ]

What is situation with the platina coins? Code seems support them
at least somehow, but never tried if them really works.

> I think that we can simply decrease the amount carriable by a
> player.

It makes sense, but you should have some place, where you can leave
your money and extra items. See above.

> It is not really a good thing that the player knows how much
> everything weighs down to 10 grammes accuracy. He should get a rough
> approximation when looking at it, and identification would let him
> know everything about it.

Agreed. If the weight code is going to be changed, it would make sense
fix archetypes as well. Doesn't make sense that normal foods weights 6.5 kg
and so on.

Since you volunteered coding those, I don't see any reason why not
making those changes :)

 -Tero