earth elementals

  About earth elementals:
they start at 280 hp.  This from the Archetype!
They gain  10 hp per level of the caster.  It is a fifth level spell.

So an 11th level person summoning an earth elemental would
get a 340hp earth elemental.

Additionally, the earth elemental gains 2hp damage per level of the caster.

And does a hefty 50hp base damage.
An eleventh level character would do
50 + 12 = 62 points per hit.
Earth elementals are rather slow, however....
so it's not hitting as often as a character.
It's weapon class does not improve i think, either.

The level dependency doesn't improve the basic earth elemental
*that* much, for an 11th level character.  (He also pays for
the increased monster strength with more spellpoints if
the server has SPELLPOINT_LEVEL_DEPEND defined).

I guess that earth elementals are simply well-suited to
destroying dreads!  I have always found earth elementals
rather tough.  Perhaps the summoning of them should be
a higher level spell.

I do not think the level dependencies are excessive,
but i'll go with the majority if people feel that it is.

Regards,

PeterM

--LAA07296.768853608/soda.berkeley.edu--