Re: Classes, race, experiece.

>   I see your point, now, and agree somewhat.  I do think that practicing
> magic should be rewarded.  Perhaps you could go for this:  experience
> is awarded based on the highest skill level.  This would have the
> interesting side effect of making it so that a 10th level character
> would have a VERY hard time picking up his 1st level skill areas.

The 10th level fighter still only has the magic abilities of a 1st level
mage.  He would still face a challenge in a low level dungeon just as if
he was a low level mage if he relied completely on magic.

Granted, he would have more hp and a better armor class (although not
necessarily that much so, if he has to remove his armor to cast spells),
but he would still have a severe mana point shortage.

--Bill