Re: hps of classes (class differences)

> >> At the moment wizards seem to get magic AND everything else,
> >> which is a bit unbalanced.

Yeah, I totally agree.  Magic, with an Int of 28-30 will blow away
almost anything.  A barbarian/fighter type really isn't so hot
compared to a a spellcaster when they both get to 15 level or so.

A comment about drinking 4 potions : here on the chico server, even
the average players, after getting to about 13-15 level, have more
money than they know what to do with.  It becomes more like "hey,
which store has Dex potions?" Then a race to that store.  Or even
worse, a player opens up a bag and chooses which artifact to
whip out for this specfic encounter.  Ah, room full of dragons? No
prob, dragonslayer +3.

> >What class differences are there between the magic ability of
> >a wizard and of a barbarian?  From what I can remember from
> >reading documentation, these differences are small: primarily
> >attibute bonuses.
>
>   They are SOLELY attribute bonuses.  there are no differences
> between the human classes other than that, and startequipment.
> The hp, sp are determined by stats, NOT by class.  And why not?
> Why should a wizard with X con be weaker than a barbarian with
> X con simply because he's called a wizard?

In my opinion, I think that training should have something to do
with it.  Where is the character actually learing to cast the
spells/swordfight/whatever?  A warrior should be trained in the
art of hand to hand, while a mage in the art of spellcasting.
Having a high strength, may make you hit hard, but a well trained
even weaker fighter, will do more damage because of skill.  While
even a fighter who may be bright, really should have no chance of
contolling magical energies.

I would like class to be something more than which picture your
player icon is.

(other stuff deleted)

Karim Sanjabi

by the way, how close is the client/server description to being
done.  There are a lot of good programmers here in chico, just
waiting to get a hold of it.