Re: problems in the Demonology towers???

In message <81BC215011FF202AB4@EI3500.CSELT.STET.IT>, Paola.Caluri@cselt.stet.i
t writes:

>Exploring Demonology Tower, map world_a2, I had some problems, may be I was
>wrong but looking at the maps I noted:

>1) In the level AirStudy, The name for summoning the air elemental was
>different from the one in the book, found in the level below. Somewhere it
>has an "h" at the end, but not anywhere.

You are right about this. The interesting thing is that it seems to work.
I suspect it compares the shorter of the two strings or something like that.
If this is the case, it is not good:  imagine a mystery, you extract key
words from someone by speaking all the letters of the alphabet.

Woof woof!  I've just discovered something, if you have the keyword right
EXCEPT FOR THE LAST LETTER (which you may omit), it triggers the magic ear.
Not a big bug.  How funny.  You should only have been able to discover this
by looking at the map.  For shame!

>2) In the level Demon3, the 4 teleporter doesn't work: if you say the word in
>the central square (7,7), you can hear a "click" but nothing else happens,
>and if you say the word on a teleporter they doesn't work anywhere.

Nothing SHOULD happen, if you're standing in the center.  However, the
teleporters not working afterward is disturbing.  I spoke the Word in
7,7 and then on another of the teleporters and it worked.  I don't know
which you mean by the #4 teleporter.  I tried all 4. They all worked.

>3) If you are in the level HighTower1 and you say "down" as suggested for the
>teleporter, the program crash....

Tried that too.  They all worked.  WHICH version of crossfire are you using?
Demonology is a complex map, and it's possible it has features which your
server cannot handle!

PeterM