Re: Crossfire 0.91.6 released.

        The following mail is not deliverable.  rfanta no
        longer works at the Space Sciences Lab, and
	there is no fowarding address.

	From owner-crossfire@ifi.uio.no  Tue Nov 15 09:49:58 1994
	Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 17:20:14 +0100
	To: crossfire-announce@ifi.uio.no
	From: Mark Wedel <master@rahul.net>
	Sender: Kjetil T Homme <kjetilho@ifi.uio.no>
	Subject: Crossfire 0.91.6 released.

	[This was supposed to go out almost a week ago. I apologise for the
	 mix-up -- Kjetil T.]

	There are four separate tar archives in the Crossfire 0.91.6 distribution:

	sums (bsd)  filename
	47339   600 crossfire-0.91.6.arch.tar.gz
	64975    69 crossfire-0.91.6.client.tar.gz
	03843  1361 crossfire-0.91.6.maps.tar.gz
	60609  1280 crossfire-0.91.6.tar.g

	crossfire-0.91.6.tar.gz contains the actual program code, as well as
	premade archetype, bitmaps, and xpm files.  See the CHANGES file
	in this archive for everything that has changed.

	crossfire-0.91.6.maps.tar.gz contains all the maps.  I have started
	work on a second continent, but a lot more work is still needed.

	crossfire-0.91.6.arch.tar.gz contains the unpacked archetype (arch)
	directory.  This file is not needed if you just want to compile the
	games and play.  The contents of this archive is used to create
	the archetypes, bmaps, font, and X PixMap (XPM) files.  You only need
	it if you want to add new archetypes, or mess around with the existing
	ones.  I am not sure what has changed from the 0.91.5 version, but I do
	know that the tar files at least are different.

	crossfire-0.91.6.client.tar.gz is the client program.  This is largely
	Eric Anderson's version, with some of my code added in.  You do not need
	this file to play the game - the old X11 support is still in place

	NOTE: I originally was just going to make a 'snapshot' version so that other
	people working on client/server all have the same code.  But I decided I
	might as well make a full release.  As such, I am not fully sure of the
	stability of this version, but it is probably about as good as most other
	releases that are made.  But all the 0.91.6 files should probably be
	considered about beta level

	 The eutl package is required to compile the client and the server (if you
	want to use the new client code.  If you don't, change the ERICSERVER
	#define in newclient.h to 0).  Also, you will need to edit crossfire.cf
	(about line 115) (or the Makefile's) to remove -leutl.  (I will fix this up
	for the next version).

	AVAILABILITY:

	Crossfire is avaible on the following ftp sites

	Primary:
	    ftp.i.net:/pub/crossfire2 (192.243.32.18)
	    ftp.ifi.uio.no:/pub/crossfire (129.240.82.2)

	Secondary:
	    yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au:/pub/crossfire (130.194.9.1)
	    ftp.cs.city.ac.uk:/pub/games/crossfire/
	    ftp.sunet.se:/pub/unix/games/crossfire (130.238.127.3)

	I uploaded this version to both primary sites, there may be a slight
	delay for the secondary sites to receive this.

	Note:  The ftp.i.net site has two crossfire directories - /pub/crossfire
	and /pub/crossfire2  The new source is in the later directory.

	Mark Wedel
	master@rahul.net