Re: Misc thoughts.

In message <199410140432.AA06679@dragon.cit.gu.edu.au>, Anthony Thyssen writes:

>This is a good plan. However the character I like the most is a fireborn
>(The magic crystal and fire immunity at the start). This class however
>is unable to use armour or weapons. The best way of increasing magic is
>thus rings and amulets, and current their is no way of improving these.

The lack of these abilities is a critical weakness of a fireborn.  You
can  do better with a wizard.

>PS: My fireborn has reached level 30 and can takeout also all things except
>for a group of chinese dragons, all without even resorting to a weapon.
>Only spells (particularly the comet spell).

You will find that you get more bang for the buck with other spells than
comet.  It is nice primarily against single monsters:  for groups you
are almost certainly better off with medium or large fireball.
Large fireball works VERY well on groups of chinese dragons.  Very
well indeed, with little risk to you.

PeterM