Re: Improving weapons

In message <9409091629.AA05985@sfi.santafe.edu>, Scott D. Yelich writes:
>I'm still playing 89.2 or somethin.... are any of the new[er] version
>of crossfire:
>
>(1) any better? (random maps?)
  Random maps suck.  But they're in 91.4 if you select the appropriate option
in config.h when you compile it.  91.4 also has a great number of new
features.

>(2) any faster over inet?
no.

>(3) any less intensive on the host machine?
I think Mark did some work which made map evaluation much quicker.
How much quicker I cannot say.

>(4) stable?
I've seen 91.4 stay up for a day, and I've seen it go down 10 times
in a day.  I think it's about as stable as any version I've seen.

PeterM