Re: Crossfire 0.91.4

|  Having images that are combinations makes the display code a bit
| more difficult.  Right now, it is pretty easy - draw the icon for each
| flag is set.  With having composite images, you would then need to figure
| out what image to use.
|
|  That additio was a pretty quick hack.  This is at least partialy because
| when client/server comes around, it will be the client that should handle
| it.  Thus, I don't want to spend a lot of effort messing with the
| display code.
|
|  Right now, there are 'word' images for cursed, magic, unpaid, damned,
| equipped and locked.
|
|  --Mark

Don't use combinations, leave the code as is (though fix the equip-worn bug)
but instead of text use a 24x24 image with a small bitmap in a particular
position. Thus when you overwrite the flag images on top of each other
the small symbols (not very large) do not overlap.

EG: symbol images  (orvewritten over each other as required)
     -------      -------      -------       -------      -------
     |L    |      |  *  |      |    E|       |     |      |     |
      locked       magic        equip        Cursed      un-identified
     (padlock)   (asterix)     (hand)         ( C )        ( ? )

Or what ever flags you require.

What ever you do -- do not put images near top of bottom edge so as not
to confuse the symbol is flaging which item in the inventory.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
               A novice practices until he gets it right.
            An expert practices until he doesn't get it wrong.