Re: Consensus on race/class separation?

> In message <199506211823.OAA25191@chaupher.gsfc.nasa.gov>, Brian Thomas writes:
> >
> >	bitmap for each posible combination (ie there is an "elf-wizard" map and a
> >	"elf-barbarian" map set, etc.) It would be alot of work however.
> >	Lack of available maps might set the available professions for races (initia
> >lly :).
>
> It is a lot of work, but we really only need 1 bitmap per race.
> fireborn, wraith, troll, human, dwarf, elf.
>
> However, I'd really hate to have to stop using the wizard bitmap.
> One thing i proposed once was to have your maximum level or levels
> in the 4 skill areas set your bitmap:  a powerful wizard, weak fighter,
> intermediate cleric, weak thief would look like a wizard.
>
> PeterM

	Well, I am willing to do a large fraction of this work. What/how many
	races/classes are being thought of here? Let review a bit:
	My guess is for races:

	Human   Elven	Dwarf   orc?  troll?  wraith   fireborn  quetzequaltl (sp?)

	Because they are so unusual, for the last 4 I would advocate using
	the race archetype for the player object.  For professions:

	Barbarian  Mage  Monk  Ninja  Swashbuckler(rogue?)  Thief  Warrior

	If we just change the colors in the maps to allow for "fire" "frost"
	"nature", etc "Mages" and similarly "Northern" "jungle" "barbarians"
	we can expand each profession by a bit with little extra work. Really,
	we still only have 7 "professions" here, and thus need to generate
	about 21 maps (for troll, elf, dwarf races).

	If you want to start limiting the available classes (or exp catagories)
	for certain races (very D&D like :) you will cut down further on
	the bitmaps needed.

					b.t.