An "easy" MU/Fighter balance fix?

Currently Weapon Class (wc), used to calculate chance to hit (anything
else?) improves (by decreasing) with each level.  Would it be possible
to change this so it's dependant on class, i.e. for fighter classes it
still decreases with each level, but for magic users it doesn't?  This
might go a long way towards improving MU/fighter balance without drastically
changing the game or the code.   If you wanted to get sophisticated you
could introduce a multiplier based on class, e.g. barbarians improve 1.5 wc
per level,  warriors 2.0 wc per level, thieves 1.0 wc per level and wizards
0.1 wc per level.

Comments?  I'd have to say overall this is one of the more conservative
ideas in fixing this problem.

--Ken

| Ken Woodruff           | Most Latin words in -us have plural in -i,  |
| woodruff@cadence.com   | but not all, & so zeal not according to     |
+------------------------+ knowledge issues in such oddities as hiati, |
| Disclaimer: What tote  | octopi, omnibi, & ignorami; ...             |
| bag full of $20 bills? |     Fowler, "Modern English Usage"          |