Re: steal abuse

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Brian Thomas wrote:
> 	I do admit to doing my part to make it a bit more difficult,
> 	but that is my preference. I suppose if enough people wanted
> 	the game easier things can be changed that way (heh, or made
> 	more difficult than they are now :) Comments?

Why not make the overall difficulty of the game configurable within the
config files, at compile time. You could select a level (for example,
easy, medium or hard) and some of the code that makes it harder (stuff
like multiple experience catagories, amount of experience lost when you
die with the no_permadeath  option enabled, etc) would be included or
left out accordingly. Or would this make the source to big and/or messy?

(BTW I personally like the difficulty level of the game as it is now, but
some people seem to like to get level 40 characters overnight ;-)

email: 	jhankins@cs.hhs.homewood.k12.al.us
WWW: 	http://www.hhs.homewood.k12.al.us/class95/jrh/
"After the war, what does a soldier become?"