Re: improvement scrolls

Also sprach Kjetil Torgrim Homme:
> [Brett Rabe]
>
> |   So perhaps the answer is to reduce the effectiveness of mages,
> |   rather than increase the strength of fighters.
>
> Indeed. A good start would be to reduce the maximum stat to 20 give or
> take the class differences. Ie., a barbarian has maximum 14
> intelligence, but 24 strength. Rings and other magical equipment can
> give "unrestricted" bonuses (probably 30 in total).
>
> And get rid of the possibility to have more than one stat improvement
> spell active at any one time. Okay, maybe allow _different_ stat
> improvement spells, but never the +18 strength or charisma you can get
> now :-( [Today, charisma only serves as a tax on newbies who haven't
> got the charisma spell yet]

Hmmm... Not even that is so hot... Most players over here use an extra
'Seller' character to store buy and sell items. This character has
Charisma 20 from the beginning, and sooner or later this goes up to
30...

> It used to be like this, and I think it's much better -- there's more
> of a distinction between classes.

This will not help against this. You have a weapon with Cha+2, a
helmet with Cha+1, armor with Cha+1, 2 rings Cha+2 and a cloak
Cha+2. All in all Cha+10, which is 32, if you have Cha 22.

cu

AW
--
Wer geteilt ist hat nichts mitzuteilen (Einstuerzende Neubauten)

Arne Wichmann (aw@math.uni-sb.de)