CF: Re: treasure.c fix.

	Yeep. I think I answered most of this already. But to just
	be complete, here goes:

> From: "Mark Wedel" writes:
>
>  One thing I was going to say is that readable titles should better match
> what is in it, but you already said you were going to fix it.  I wonder if
> the chance for such gems of knowledge might be a bit low?  I have yet to find
> one out in my adventurs, and even in shops, they are fairly uncommon.

	Yeah, one problem is how to make the match between authours, content
	and title consistent from game to game? I expect that the only
	way to do this is to deposit a reference file in the lib directory.
	If, during the play of the game, a book is generated *and* has
	no reference in the book reference file, then we create a new
	book (with unique title, authour, and contents). But this seems
	kind of messy to me. Still contemplating other possiblities and
	if anyone has some ideas on how to do this better, Id love to
	hear it!

	As for the frequency of books, that is adjusted in the treasures
	file. Currently, the only way to find books on adventure is by
	killing a monster that has books, or by entering a treasure map
	that has the 'random_books' archetype on it (there are few of these!).

	One solution would be to enter 'readable' books on other treasure
	arrays. If you want, I can provide a patch for the treasures
	file to do this.

>  As for alchemy skill:  I wonder if it is really necessary for the reading
> of the alchemy spell to activate it?  I think some of my problem is that

	Oh, possistion of the alchemy skill is *not* nescessary at all
	for creating aritfacts. BUT, if a player wants to EARN experience
	(mental) from *successfully* creating artifacts, they will need to
	have an alchemy skill. Also, your alchemy skill level is used
	to determine your failure rate for making stuff. Therefore, you
	dont need the alchemy skill to make anything, BUT, the really
	difficult recipies will probably be beyond the elementary alchemist.

> it creates a double meaning for a spell, which aren't totally similar (not
> totally dissimilar either.)  The other would be that it would seem to make

	I admit that the alchemy spell and skill names are a bit
	'degenerate'. Perhaps one or the other could be renamed. Ideas?

> it just a formality (hard part finding the recipes and the body parts
> necessary) - this was sort of my argument on removing the food/drink
> requirements for weapon improvement - by the time you are doing that,
> 10 food/drink isn't a big deal.

	Hmm. But finding flesh parts isnt just a walk down to the
	shop! AND, we need to have the ingredients in order to figure
	out what to make!! Also, if I implement Raphael's suggestion that
	created items can't have values much much greater than the
	ingredients, we have another need for them.

					tanned, rested and ready,

					-brian