CF: Re: Testing lighting code

	Hi Tuan,

	I ll have to address your queries (from long ago!, sorry I
	got a back log..).

>   Finally, I'm getting some archetype errors when I installed your maps

	This is because you have to install the archetypes too. Look
	in ftp.astro.psu.edu in pub/thomas. Grab the latest archetypes
	file and install that. I m not sure if there are directions.
	Let me know how you make out, either the most recent or past
	recent archetypes file had some problem, and I forget. I can
	remake it if need be.

>    What does the spell faery fire do?

 	This spell makes all living things (but caster) glow in the dark.
> The behavior of darkness spell (or
> rather its effects) is somewhat strange.  For example,

> dddd
> d.td  T
> dddd

> where d's are the square with darkness, t is a player with no light source,
> T is a player with lightsource and . is an item.   When T approaches t, t
> is able to see . eventhough there is a wall of darkness surrounding him.

	If the room is dark, then this is a problem (the square . is in
	should be dark!). The darkness spell only provides blockage to
	LOS (like a wall). It has no 'extended' effects beyond its own
	square--so this does seem to be a problem after all. I will
	check it out.

>  However, there seems to be a bug when trying use flint and
> steel with no item at the top of the item list.  The system said that it is
> trying to light the player (possible bug?)

	Nah. This is right. I assume if you are applying flint and steel
	with nothing else to light, you try to light yourself :)

> Also, is it possible to stop and start the light source; for example, put
> out the torch (to save fuel) and re-light it at later time?

	Not at this time. This is definitely something that should
	be worked on.

							-b.t.