Re: CF: Crossfires future.

> I had slowdowns that were not related to disk activity. I will try to
> reproduce them once I find time to play crossfire.

It seems that crossfire can't handle a large number of active objects
(~1000) well.  There will be many objects whenever a big wizard or
jessy is casting many spells.  There's also a map
(/brittany/Brest/Castle/LargeRoom IIRC) with three big wizards, some
dragons and many lightning and fire walls which reproducably slows
down crossfire up to a point where the map window updates can take
up to a second.  This obviously doesn't depend on the graphics
because I can leave the room and crossfire stays that slow until the
map is swapped out.  There are more than 1000 active objects before
the map is swapped out, and less than 100 after.

System: single user, Pentium 133 MHz, 48 MB RAM, no swapping

--
Jan