Re: CF: maps for priest advancement

> I would note that you could certainly have some overlap on the quests.  Ie, a
>group of giants could perhaps have taken 'holy relics' from a few different
>gods/worshippers.
>
> Of course, many of the items to be retrieved could have little real use, but
>are still holy (ie, the bones of some great priest that served the gods, a
>sword that the god touched, etc..)

One low-level quest could be to obtain the remains of some
moderately-powerful, but not unique creature which is unfriendly to
the religion.  Remains are already generated for use in alchemy,
though some new types may be helpful.

A high or medium quest could be to obtain some object from the temple
of an opposed cult.  Either something that they stole, or something
that by stealing would shift the balance of power slightly.  Or even a
quest to kill a high priest of the opposing cult.  This could be a
really tough challenge if the temples are set up such that you can
only use prayers from the host diety there.

Just some thoughts.

--PC