Re: CF: Strange problem

>I seem to have a strange problem that I don't quite know how to fix/what
>is causing it: the server crashes when somebody enters the Journeyman
>level of the tower of demonology.

	I too have this problem.  But was able to fix it.

>Grepping through the demonology maps reveals that the Journeyman level is
>the only one with color_fg keywords, but checking the old 0.94.0 maps
>shows that the keywords has been in there in earlier versions, without
>causing a crash. Any hints, anyone?

Please check your grep again.  I was able to find the strings "color_fg"
and "color_bg" in a multitude of files in the maps directory.

Reading thru the changelog tells me that somewhere around version .92.x the
color_bg and color_fg keywords were depreciated.  All I did was construct a
little for loop that went and got rid of those strings from all the
maps that they existed in.  Now the server does not bail when it gets to a
situation like that.  I suggest you do the same.  This problem was demonstrable
also on the recently published server address on this list.

.94.1 seems generally buggy for me.  I have a bunch of students that play
on my server quite often and it crashes with regularity.  Also the instant
map refresh is kinda annoying.  Yes I applied the key fix posted to this list
but crashes necessitated that I put .94.0 back up.

Hopefully later this week I will take some time to look at where the crashes
are ocurring and give an attempt at providing useful debugging information.

Rick