Re: CF: stable/development releases.

In fact, I would argue that maps and archetypes probably belong on their
own release trees.  Each maps and archetypes release might require running
with a CF no older than x.xx, but there should be no trouble running
older maps with newer CF if you think some maps are too unbalancing or
you have a nice world of maps, but want to upgrade the server core.

This might also encourage more development/fixes of maps since then
maps can be released when they are ready as compared to when there is
a new CF server.  I note that many of the "problems" in CF are really
map issues.  For instance, the server cannot reasonably be expected to
give less exp for a bunch of skulls that are easy to kill since they are
lined up in a narrow hallway.  Or some places trees are easy (stationary
and isolated) and other places they are hard (moving as a pack).

I suggest that instead of somewhat duplicating Mark's effort on server
code (the releases have some bugs which generally get fixed relatively
quickly and then are stable) that the biggest area needing time and
effort are the maps.  I know Mark play tests new maps, but he doesn't
have the time to make as much of an effort on maps as he makes on the
CF server.

Mark Wedel wrote:
> maps:  at 3 megs, they probably don't always need to be included.  In fact,
> the need to download every new map release is probably not necessary, as for
> the most part, they include bug fixes.

							sdw