CF: Linux Slackware set up

I've been really trying to get cross fire up on my slackware 3.4 server.

I must have changed the config files a dozen times and recompilers.

I got crossedit to come up in the X11r6 bin, but can't seem to get a
crossfire executable up and going...

Yet I'm not getting an error message on the compile.

Any clues would be apreciated.  I apreaciate that someone put lots of
time to create this, but I could use an old fashion
step 1
step 2
step 3

right about now.