Re: CF: losing Run/Fire in 0.95.1

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Maciej Kalisiak wrote:

> It seems CF (I guess the server, since it seems to be handling this)
> sometimes fails to track the Ctrl and Shift key positions. Every now
> and then when I have to do something frantically with the keyboard,
> I lose "Run" and "Fire" due to (output of client):
>
> Fire is on while shift is not
> Fire is on while shift is not
> Run is on while ctrl is not
> Fire is on while shift is not
> Run is on while ctrl is not
> Run is on while ctrl is not
> Run is on while ctrl is not

These are messages from the GTK client. They're output when the client
detects that it is in a state of fireing or running while it is getting a
keyboard event with those keys not pressed. They subsequently clear the
running or fireing state and send the command to stop running or fireing
(this code is there to avoid getting locked in fireing or running mode if
an event is missed somewhere).

> The strange thing is that the server loses track of both keys at the
> same time (perhaps the special case is when both keys are in
> transition at the same instant). Furthermore, my PgUp and PgDn become
> the Fire and Run, except that they cannot be used with the arrow keys,
> not being true modifier keys themselves.

It may be that they are in transition both of them. Hmmm... I'll have to
check that. Thanks. :)

/David