Re: CF: losing Run/Fire in 0.95.1

On Dec 2,  7:34pm, David Sundqvist wrote:

> This is even more strange. :) The code involved in restarting a new game
> should not be affecting keybindings which are session wide (I think at
> least). Weird :). If you can find a way to reproduce it, I'd be very
> happy.

 I would guess that the restart fixes the problem as when the character is
logged in, the server resets the run/fire flags to be off (being there is not
state.)  So there is a definate case of the client not sending the proper stop
commands.

 I haven't looked at the gtk client, but I would have thought that after it got
in that funky state, if you just pressed then released the shift key, the
client would see the shift pressed and then released, and send the appropriate
updates to the server.  But that doesn't sound like the case.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com