Re: CF: FBBB v1.01 is now up

Raphaël Quinet (Raphael.Quinet@eed.ericsson.se) wrote:

>   Start with the beginners' areas as listed on one of the signs that
>   are next to your starting point.

Be careful with these. I don't know all of them offhand, but the
"hole" definitely is not a beginners area (it has grimreapers and
green slime). I never tell newbies to go there.

> - Some monsters can attack you with acid at close range.  Be careful
>   when you fight these creatures, because the acid can damage your
>   equipment (permanently).

Check the spoilers if you are unsure about a monster. Newbie monsters
to stay away from are:
- green slime (acid)
- acid blobs (acid, obviously)
- black (or brown???) puddings (acid)
- grimreapers (draining --- kill them with magic bullets)

Don't let these monsters touch you, ever! Grimreapsers are no problem
once you have a ring of Life; acid stuff is more dangerous since you
have to be both immune and protected acid to protect your equipment.
No newbie item grants immune acid.

It's also a good idea to wear bracers --- if an acidic monster manages
to touch you, the bracers will be damaged before any other items (IIRC)
(unless it's a bracers of dexterity). This does not save your weapon,
so don't hit the monster with a weapon you want to keep.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber