Re: CF: FBBB v1.01 is now up

Raphaël Quinet writes:
 > I like the idea of starting with the "very basic" tips and then having
 > other categories for more specific tips.  But maybe you could also
 > separate these categories in basic tips and normal tips?  For example,
 > the comment about how to spot a magic store (in "Magic and Religion")
 > would have an icon showing that it is a tip for absolute beginners,
 > while the difference between cursed and damned items can be left for
 > more advanced beginners (whatever that means).

Yeah, I like that idea. I will definietely implement that, but maybe
not right away. I'll have to automate some stuff on the web page. In
really am lacking any macro capabilities in HTML (which I think I'll
do with CPP, or else have a Perl script assemble the page). Then your
suggestion would be trivial to add.

[ -suggestions snipped- ]

Ok, it's going onto the page right now...

 > By the way, I implemented the "tip of the day" feature in the GIMP

Cool. BTW, where do I get more of those tips!!!!???? I loved them but
there were so few of them...

 > some time ago.  Do you think that it would be worth adding such a
 > thing to the GTK client?

I think so. In fact I think the online help in general needs more work
(at least so that there is help for every server and client command),
and I think that should come before the tips.

 > Oh, and please use "quinet@gamers.org" as my e-mail address in the
 > credits on your FBBB page.  The address I am using now is my work
 > address because this is convenient for me, but I prefer to have my
 > "non-work" address on web pages.  Thanks.

Done.

--
                                                         Maciej Kalisiak
Fear the Penguin......                               mac@dgp.utoronto.ca