Re: CF: Re: Goth's tavern

Scott Wedel on  wrote...
| Well, you haven't quite done everything in Scorn.  Goth's Tavern
| someplace has the [--spoiler removed--].  Though, I'd change it so
| that raising the gate costs 20 gp or free with the password.

That wasn't what I asked!!!!
Nice idea for a fee OR password to use the gate.
prehaps it should be 20gp to leave but 20 platium to re-enter!!! ;-)

I wanted to know where people recomend to go, outside of scorn.
Brest so far seems to be the most logical for the temples their.

Last time I played (3 years ago) I completed the Old under city!
All but that final riddle from the skelton. The answer I thought
(ghost, and simular) wasn't accepted.

I know about the gate, and things have changed outside from when I was
last playing.

My questions however is more about the areas I wasn't able to play, or
seem to be unaccessable.  The ``poker room'', the other iron door
in the giant tower, not the one the giant opens to get Gork's Key,
but the other one on the same level.  Things like that

What gets me for Gorks, Grovel, is that Grok's key opens a great teasure
trove, but then you get another key for a tiny almost useless `closet'
on the first level of Grok's Grovel!!!

Prehaps a Grok's grovel should be moved from the port area (as well as
the tavern), and other things added here and the port area becomes only
accessable via a key from that closet.

This way, while people can easily find and use the main gate password to
go walking around the continent, only the ``key to the port'' or some
other port in another town, can gain access to the other areas.
But once people have that key, (A perment key, or prehaps a passport)
they have free access to the port.  NOTE: entry from port to city
may or may not be simularly restricted!

Hmm Passports may be the key to gaining access to the port or to
earning the access to some of the more difficult `lands'.

Anyhow this will allow the seperation of the city and the port with the
most minimal changes to the current map. All the people in the tavern
talk about adventures on the main continent, so prehaps the tavern
should be near the main gate, anyway.

The port should have more development in any case -- Its bloody (excuse
my Australian ;-) dangerous, with little story connection!!!!
I think a lot of the dungeons here were first ``quicky'' dungeons
developed early in the game history, and probably need revision.

Other places in scorn also seem overly dangerous. One place is all one
way teleports, once you start you either complete it or die!!!
Not a very nice dungeon.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
         43rd Law of Computing: Anything that can go wro%$#^*
         fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au