Re: CF: Map info and word of recall

Rapha l Quinet on  wrote...
| Anthony Thyssen wrote:
| > "Mark Wedel" on  wrote...
| > |  Are you just doing to use the difficulty method, or something else?
| > |  Difficulty is a rough estimate at best.
| > |
| > |  I noticed there already is a mapinfo command that displays some basic
| > |  information about the map.  Adding a difficulty line to that should
| > |  be trivial.  (mapinfo is only the local map, compares to maps which
| > |  displays all the maps.)
| > |
| > Maybe map difficulty (and name) should always be printing in the info
| > window, whenever you enter a new map. The map command looks like it is
| > more for debugging purposes than anything else.
|
| I intend to have a sign that could replace the 'mapinfo command and
| include the difficulty level.  I prefer to have a sign instead of
| requiring the player to use an additional command, because you can
| then put these signs where it makes sense.  Of course, the map
| designers and playtesters could still use 'maps, 'mapinfo and other
| commands if they want to, but these commands are not designed for
| "normal players" who are not interested in the internals of the game.

I wan't suggesting a command, just a information line printed on map
entry, and prehaps a bolded warning if you are below that level.

Prehaps it should not allow entry if you are two or more below that
level.  But your are right a sign would be betterm but you don't
usally have a sign outside every building.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
     `One afternoon we were running the Khronal Dungeon, and we opened
   a door and found ourselves looking out into the living room where we
   were playing.  One of the characters shot the Game Master with a
   crossbow bolt, and the whole dungeon dissappeared!'   -- "Dream Park"
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au