Re: CF: World map

> Especially since the world map really should be extended
> (and I mean *extended* to about 10-20 times current size).

I agree.

> What do you mean should be special about the world maps?

I didn't mean it to be restricted to world maps, it was just example.
In current world map, if a player drops a item, and then walks one
move to the east, the map can look exactly same, but the item has
disappeared and when the player comes back then the item reappear again.
The player has moved to the new map even the player logically thinks
that (s)he has in a same map.  I think that server should be smart
enough to load sub maps and handle the world map as one logical map.
It would require some changes to map loading code and probably
support for editor, but shouldn't be too big job.  And it probably
saves some memory since all sub maps don't need to have that 5 squares
wide duplicated border.

  -Tero