Re: CF: Travel and Questions

On Dec 9,  3:12pm, Anthony Thyssen wrote:

>   1/ What can you use a shovel for, and how!  One is in the oldcity
>      and from my old maps can be used to `dig' through a wall to reach
>      a landslide trapped skeletion. But I don't remember how.

 Shovels are pretty much the same other other weapons.  The only significant
damage is that they slay earthwalls (slay = 2 times damage).  So if you use
them against earthwalls, they go faster.  However, since many weapons do twice
as much damage as the shovel, shovels tend to be pretty useless.

>   2/ Why can't you shoot arrows and other magic over water!!!
>      A bit dumb if you ask me!

 Water spaces by default have no_pass or something similar.  If you allow
arrows to fly over (which makes sense), then it probably also makes sense to
allow players to fly over the water also.  However, this has certain issues -
some maps seperate interesting things with water, so if you can just fly over
it, you can bypass large portions of the map.  However, it should probably be
allowed, and map makers can come up with other ways to prevent players from
doing that (even with that, there is still dimension door to bypass areas.)

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com