Re: CF: Death, Stats and a Simple Party...

"Mark Wedel" on  wrote...
| On Dec 19,  3:17pm, John Cater wrote:
|
| > When we all started, life was good, our rolled stats were reasonable so
| > we formed a party and went off adventuring. Until... we all accidently
| > ran into a place with a bunch of skulls. Ouch! Things rapidly
| > deteriorated.
| > The "penalty" for death in crossfire really bites. Losing 20% of
| > experience seems pretty fair, but the loss of stats really makes it
| > difficult to get through levels 5-12 where suitably matched monsters and
| > quests seem to be lacking.
|
|  Prime things in that level range are probably wyverns and hill giants.  A
| group of wyverns can be pretty nasty (multiple fire cones), but hill giants
| shouldn't be as bad.  Good time to get the bows out also.

I found the ``Mountian Valley'' East of Brest pretty good, though
it is hard to find.

My method of wasting Giants... Earth walls to lock them in place
do 3 create bombs and run.. Takes out up to 8 giants in Raffles!
Great way to get to level 10 in magic.

|  Potions of strength, int, wis, ... gain the respective stat permanently.  So
| any stat loss can be 'erased' provided you can find/afford the potions.

Which you can't afford at those levels!!!!

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
   When an elf uses human courtesies, you know you are in trouble.
                                   -- Rick Cook, "The Wizardry Compiled''
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au