Re: CF: Scorn Improvment Wish List

Christian wrote:
> The problem is that it can't wear armor and weapons. No cold immunity,
> for example. No magic immunity. No this and that. No good stats.  My
> barbarians (my favorite class) are much better at spellcasting than any
> fireborn due to the equipment he can use.

I'm playing a fireborn right now, and it can be a lot of fun.  You are
totally free to use large fireballs without worrying about burning
yourself up (there's a room with a ton of trolls in Pup Land...).
Also, fire elementals are free experience.  Of course, until you learn
something like karate, you can't hack through walls or dammage
scorpions or other fire-immune creatures without using spells.

I think there may be some really high-level creatures that are immune
to all elements, magic, and physical, so you have to use weaponmagic
to kill them.  That may require being a follow of Mostrai.

The armour and weapons restriction is really tough, but that's the
point.  It is a "challenge" class.  On the other hand, it might be a
little more ballanced if, say, a fireborn could use four rings instead
of just the regular two.

Also, though they still take dammage, acid isn't a problem when you
don't have armour or weapons to be corroded.

I was thinking that there should also be a frostborn class.  This
would be tougher, as there are fewer ice spells, and fire is more
prevalent in general.

--PC