Re: CF: Interesting bugs

On Dec 24, 11:10am, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Interesting bugs
> Timo Kokkonen on  wrote...
> | Haven't done much of experimenting with this, except that koban was
> | locked and above the cold coins in my inventory, when this happened.
> | This is tested only with 0.94.3, since last I checked the 0.95.x was
> | broken with dropping items through holes (is it still?)
> |
> Yes it is broken, pits will NOT let items fall though.
>
> For map makers an alturnative is to use a set of spikes to move the
> item(s) onto a teleporter. However instead of one square this solution
> requires extra fencing around the tiem to ensure it is pushed onto a
> teleporter.

 The pit dropthrough for objects will be fixed in the next version, so I
wouldn't bother right now about doing complex methods of working around this
right now.

> A boulder cascade (like that in raffles - which works in both versions)
> of various types, set in a very tight loop will work fine in crossfire
> v95.1, but rolls to fast in crossfire v94.3. That is the boulder will
> suddenly `skip', `backtrack' or otherwise stuff things up as the boulder
> catches up to the push gates which haven't yet finished reseting.
>
> I am NOT sure if this problem is due to crossfire itself or the fact
> that my crossfire v95.1 is on a slow (in comparision) SUN sparcstation 4
> while my v94.3 is on a fast linux machine (200mmx processor) laptop.
>
> Mark can you enlight me?

 I am going to say that the 0.95 releases are doing the correct things.  But
best as I can remember, I don't think anything changed in terms of boulders
rolling.  In either case, the boulder should only move 1 space when pushed, and
in the case of raffles, it is the gates that are pushing it.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com