Re: CF: Stupid: strange ring

> > > 	- implement a working "unique-artifact" system, so that you
> > > 	  can *never* see two of the same unique artifact together
> > > 	  on the same system.  Make sure it checks saved player files,
> > > 	  or better, prevent people from saving with artifacts in
> > > 	  their possession.
> >
> >  I will if that can be reasonably done - it is not a trivial task.
And if you
> > can't save with an artifact, then you just get a point where a player
hides it
> > someplace until they return (maybe that is reasonable, maybe not), but
with the
> > huge number of maps out there, hiding stuff is certainly pretty easy
for
> > someone to do.

> > > 	- make more of the artifacts (strange ring, ring of life,
> > > 	  bonecrusher and so on) unique.
> >
> >  I am not sure if that really fixes anything - it seems to me, that
the first
> > person on the server to get those various things is in good shape, and
everyone
> > else is left to scramble for the various leftovers.

>	- make artifact shop prices extremely high, and don't allow
>	  people to save with artifacts.  It encourages people to
>	  sell items to each other.

>	- require people to place their inventory in "lockers" before
>	  saving.  Place a daily surcharge on locker use, based on the
>	  value of the items in the locker.

Why not combine those ideas ?
Don't save any items on players for free, instead use some kind of locker
system - then increase the price to save with unique artifacts to some
VERY high amount, so people can't save with lots of artifacts.
Furthermore, make those fees proportional to the amount of days the player
"rents", so a player might be able to save with a few unique artifacts for
a few days, but not for any longer.
Finally, set a maximum time for items to be saved with the player if the
player doesn't re-login (5 days?) so that unique items return into play
even if the player who owns them doesn't log in.

Andreas