Re: CF: Some comments

On Feb 19, 11:02am, Klaus Elsbernd wrote:
> Subject: CF: Some comments
>
> I think it's even better to create some code, which would make weapons
> and shields break after some time (including those artifacts). This would
> eleminate the problem of multiple artifacts, if they get broken after doing
> an amount of damage, or after getting an amount of damage in case of amour.
> Special weapons can do more damage over the time, special amour can
> resist more damage form enemies. And how about things like breaking the
> weapon/amour within a figth? :-)))

 Not a bad idea.  Probably have some mechanism for repair in the shops,
with the repair cost proportional to the amount of damage and cost of the
artifact.

 Thus, if you have a 10,000 pp artifact, and want to keep it around
indefinately, you will be spending a lot of money to get that repaired.
Increases some need for money, and would probably still get the periodic
weapon break (maybe have special code that might cause a total break.)

 However, this doesn't help out for rings and amulets, which are some
more of the powerful items.

> mark@pyramid.com said:
> >  Now, finding +1 or +2 gloves and boots isn't incredibly uncommon, and
> > cloaks were added.  While none of these have any value, the fact you
> > can find enchanted ones with value mean that by 10'th level, a player
> > can achieve 5 or 6 ac points that were previously not there.  That is
> > a certain in balance.
> And if you don't find them, can't by them, can't reach them, because
> the maps are to difficult. one looses. Today, you need some of them
> to get even further.

 To some extent, no item is really needed.  But if the maps are so designed
to take in account the players AC, then you do sort of need them to be
successful.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com