Re: CF: call for java enthusiasts: server time!

I think crossedit is generally pretty miserable to use with a
poor user interface and minimal capabilities (no searches or
custom menus).  I think crossedit is searching for someone
to rewrite it.

A well written crossedit could become a very useful addition
to the game as a means of displaying maps available within
the game.  A map could be displayed in nice detail (without
items and some incomplete sections) in a window of whatever
size and could be left visible while moving and playing the
game.  As the client is currently in java then presumably
we'd want crossedit in java.  I think CF's currently handling
of maps (small blocks of various colors representing various
items) is bad.  Also, the shops and such do not sell maps
while one would expect that maps of commonly travelled areas
should be easy to make.

So an improved crossedit in java not only would make it
easier to create and edit maps, but could be used to improve
playing CF itself.

						sdw