Re: CF: initial stats

> Suggestion: define a sum of stats (like, let's say 100 or 105), and let
> people distribute these. Basically: forget rolling initial stats.
> In addition, let people select their class _before_ setting their stats,
> so some reasonable default stats can be set (so a newbie would just press
> <return>, whereas experienced players can tailor their initial stats
> to match their initial playing style).
>
> Any opinions?

	Yes, having a system that uses a sum is more desirable, however,
	it is only a very small part of the stat/playbalance problem.
	IF you think the maximam rolled stats total is too high, its
	very simple to lower the threshold (I forget which file, but
	its not hard to find it).

	But regardless of starting with fairly optimized or slightly
	sorry stats, players will soon become godlike anyway. A more
	important thing to fix is the stat potion/stat gains that players
	make at higher levels (and this is a very old thread which I
	wont go into again here...).

							-b.t.