Re: CF: Suggestion: Talking (was Re: CF: Suggestion: Reg exps...)

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rapha=EBl?= Quinet wrote:

> I agree.  We need more maps with interesting quests.  Especially for
> low- and middle-level characters (below 10).  In order to add more
> balance to the game and to make these quests worth playing, the old
> "kill all monsters and grab the treasure" maps should be removed when
> some quests of similar difficulty are added to the game.

"kill all monsters and grab the treasure" maps are fun too. One of the reasons
I like crossfire is that is has an arcadey feel to it. New maps are fun
because you get to explore and find out what's behind the door. I think
there should be a mix of adventurey quest maps with interactive NPCs and
arcadey hack-and-slash maps where you run screaming because of what you
found when you turned the corner.

--
Rupert G. Goldie, Senior Software Engineer        Rupert.Goldie@ericsson.com
Advanced Service Applications Centre, Ericsson Australia