Re: CF: New server and client versions

Review of 0.95.0 build, install and initial play test, from someone who
has not touched the recent stuff since 0.93.7 or so.

Platform: Red Hat Linux V5.1 on Intel.

./configure shows dependency on X for server, but you said it wasn't
needed ... I know crossedit needs it, so that's expected.

make install does not do a make all, just surprising.

make failed during link of crossedit/Cnv/test and crossedit/crossedit
with undefined Xt and Xaw symbols, fixed by adding "-L/usr/X11R6/lib
-lXt -lXaw" to the two link commands.

tried starting bin/crossfire with -server, got "Unknown option," despite
the "-h" usage summary showing it.

could not find the "inv-lock" equivalent ... my usual play mode is to
pick up everything and do a dropall at strategic spots ... dropping what
the gods have given you is uncomfortable.

could not get bind to work, typed  'bind pickup 4  and the result was
stored as " pickup 4", which would not work with the extra space.

the GTK client changed command repeat ... fairly minor, I know, but I
wanted to sell all but one dagger and ended up selling them all.  I
eventually figured out the "count" field, but couldn't work out why it
isn't changed when you type numbers.

Love to help fix, might suggest it to a student.

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron@stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800