Re: CF: Something i cant figure out.

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 12:26:15PM -0400, Hwei Sheng TEOH wrote:
> > How in the world does someone play crossfire without joining a cult?
> > Every character class needs to do that.
> [snip]
>
> NOT true. I have a level 70 wizard who solely relies on magic! :-)

Level 70? Not that bad (considering that "magic" is among the more
difficult skills to max out), but your character is far from being
good. :-)

But then, a wizard is one of the weaker crossfire classes --- bad stats,
no special strengths; this probably makes a Level 70 wizard look
a little better, although more is certainly possible.

If you want a character that *really* relies on magic, consider a monk
instead.  Monks are the best spellcasters in crossfire (due to their
meditation skill), but they are extremely poor fighters (since they
lack the melee weapons skill).

Quetzalcoatls are good spellcasters at low levels (since they start
out with a lot of Pow), but they can't wear armor, which makes
progress a lot more difficult --- in the long run they loose compared
to the other classes. Right now I'm not sure whether a Q can max out
his skills within reasonable time. They are great secondary characters
to max out certain skills.

Christian