Re: CF: Exp system blues

"Scott D. Yelich" on  wrote...

| On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
| > | Always you have to KILL and HURT someone for getting exp.
| > | Why not getting exp just for USING your skills ?
| > | In real life you can train archery by shooting at trees or targets,
| > | and you don't have to shoot people for getting better :)
| > | Hmm...maybe some differentiation between SKILL and EXP would be
| > | needed (like in Tibia...).
| > A stationary target doesn't make for a good training model.
|
| Daggerfall let you gain experience in skills...
| but once you were maxed in a skill, I think all others
| stopped increasing! (ooops) so after you mastered
| running, you better how you can hit things that you
| attack!
|
| > I pet hate. A human using a holy symbol and talisman for wizard and
| > praying skills can only see one or the other (or neither) when you
| > ask for your experience listing.
|
| I have yet to find an altar of jehovah!

Their is one somewhere in dragonisle (stoneville) as bug reports for it
are comming in.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
    `` Even magic must have physics '', Keff argued.
                                 Anne McCaffery, ``The Ship Who Won''
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au