Re: CF: class system

Scott Wedel (swedel@Tymnet.COM) wrote:

> If the character generation was modified to have x attribute points
> which player assigned to desired attributes with the number of points
> to assign and min/max attributes is class based then a player can
> accurately specify their desired starting character.  Using rolls is
> truly silly since a knowledgable player can simply reroll and assign
> rolls until they get the starting base they want.

Cool :-) Finally at least one person supports that old idea that I've
suggested some time ago :-) Nobody liked it back then.

It just takes ages to create a character, since you have to reroll all
the time until you get reasonable stats. New players don't know that,
so they always end up with lousy stats (I even give them potions to
correct this problem, when I meet somebody like that). That's very
unbalancing --- experienced players start with good stats and don't
die, whereas new players start with lousy stats which are reduced even
further during the game.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber