CF: bugs and features

With the two patches from the list, raffle1 works fine.  I can also kill
the dread and trolls in raffle2, but I don't seem to be able to get the
buttons at the gates to do anything.  Is something broken there?

Arguably, there is a "bug" in the client in that it lets stoff scroll off
the top of the screen before you can read it.  Mostly this is shop inventories
and spell lists.  Perhaps the client could count the lines for each
individual message and pause if it would scroll off the top (like piping
it through `more`).  I'm not sure how the protocol works, so it's not clear
to me how tough this would be.

It would also be nice if the X client defaulted to 'scroll' being on.
Also, it should notice when there are no sound files and turn off sound.

It seems that my holy word spells are much tougher against demons now.
(I edited the player file to reflect the new gods.)  Is this intentional,
or a bug?  Was the old holy word 50% vs. demons and 50% vs. undead?

--PC