Re: CF: Please help

Christian Stieber on  wrote...
| R.Balasubramanian (mani@oyster.ee.iitm.ernet.in) wrote:
|
| >         I am a newbie crossfire player.  I have crossfire 0.95.1.  Right
| > now I am stuck in Pupland, in the pre-historical archaeological site.
|
| Chances are that you are _really_ trapped :-)
| You need to clear out all the zombies to open the grate (or, to be more
| exact: all the buttons must be free), in all the rooms. This is generally
| a problem for newbie players --- even a perfect character needs some time,
| and in some of the rooms it's a matter of seconds between having killed
| all the zombies and new zombies appearing.
|
| There are two things you can do now if you don't want to die:
|  - ask a player with dm status to summon you out of the dungeon
|  - ask the game admin to patch your game file (it's sufficient to
|    replace the map name with a map that doesn't exist)
|
| Other than that you haven't really done anything wrong --- it's the
| "I have explored a map and died" situation.

Sounds like the map author needs to make the situation a bit clearer.
Map makers have got to remember that adventuers can't see `connected'
valus so have to have connections either obvious or it is an obvious
puzzle instead to be figgered out.

Hmm reminds me -- I never fixed the key and door failure in the Giants
Tower.  I'll fix that in another release, and here I thought I was done!
Anyone else out there with annoying scorn problems?

Suggestion to author.. magic mouths all over...

    ``Stay a while... Stay Forever...''
    ``Ha Ha Ha Ha...''
    ``Come my pets, we have an intruder''
    ``I didn't do it.. Ha Ha Ha.. ''
    ``Arhh fresh brains for my zombies''
    ``Your mission.. Clear all buttons''

Note the voice isn't exactly sane ;-)
A sign however could make it a lot clearer :-)

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
    Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the
    usual way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and
    nobody thinks of complaining.                            -- Jef Raskin
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au