Re: CF: Please help

Anthony Thyssen (anthony@cit.gu.edu.au) wrote:

> | Other than that you haven't really done anything wrong --- it's the
> | "I have explored a map and died" situation.

> Sounds like the map author needs to make the situation a bit clearer.

Why? Why should ancient dungeons have instructions on how to steal
items? He could have put the stolen item back, which is an rather
obvious idea.

> Map makers have got to remember that adventuers can't see `connected'
> valus so have to have connections either obvious or it is an obvious
> puzzle instead to be figgered out.

Indeed. Ever seen Indiana Jones? He didn't see warnings "don't touch this
or a boulder will kill you" either.

> Hmm reminds me -- I never fixed the key and door failure in the Giants
> Tower.

Uh? I never even noticed there was a failure. One of the doors never
opens, but that's intentional. Other maps have non-functional doors as
well. That's actually not bad at all --- it makes players try to find
ways to open these doors, thereby forcing them to explore all of the
map(s).

> I'll fix that in another release, and here I thought I was done!

Oh... you are the one doing new Scorn maps :-(
The problem I have with that is rather simple: why do you replace
the old (working, balanced) maps, instead of just adding new ones?

> Anyone else out there with annoying scorn problems?

Yarid's house (or whatever it's called... one of the new lowlevel maps in
Scorn) is buggy (an endless loop... one of the maps has a "./mapname"
instead of a "mapname"), but other than that I don't think anything
else needs to fixed.

> Suggestion to author.. magic mouths all over...

Eech. _That_'s annoying.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber