Re: CF: Recall Alters

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rapha=EBl?= Quinet on  wrote...
| [... about special altars ...]
| >  This makes some sense.  Ideally, most towns should have a row of
| > temples, so you can pray in a town nearby where you are adventuring
| > so if you use word of recall to get back to town at least somewhat
| > close to where you are.
|
| That's exactly what I was thinking about.  Also, maybe some temples
| could have one main altar (that sets the return point) and a couple
| of smaller altars (normal ones, aligned to the same god) so that one
| could pray on the small altars if it is not desirable to return to
| that temple later.

If you are going to make a special altar I would suggest not only a
new Arch but also a new image for that altar.

Hmm: Each of the specific gad altars have a different style of cloth
draped over it. Prehaps the lesser altars should be the same but with
no `extras' on top.

Also with the new use of altars something wierd has happened to the
other devices which is simular to altars.

Gold Floors for example are sometimes working, sometimes not.
When I was watching a gold floor being generated for one of
the maps where it wasn't working I noticed the server said..
   Creating Gold Floor of Jehova

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
     Never ask them for an explaination.  You only end up worse confused.
                                           -- Rick Cook, "Wizardry Cursed"
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au