Re: CF: Usless Items

> My main problem is that you find Keys and Locaked Doors All over the
> place. But you can't always know what and where a key is, or what for,
> so you end up just carrying it.  Then you bump into a dor and you use a
> special key without realising you just used one of those keys.

That was the main reason that I choose not to use keys automatically
when they are in a key ring.  But the real problem for me is how
the examining and using items generally work in crossfire, since
a player can only examine and use items that she is carrying.

If a player could examine a door then she could get details about a lock
type and get a hint what kind of key is required to open that door.  Also
applying a key to the door would be much more logical way opening the door
than walking through it.  Also doors should be behave like doors, so player
could close and lock them.

Another thing that I would like to see changed is a 'use_skill' command.
I think that the whole command is not really needed, instead of a skill
use should be automaticilly done when needed.  It really doesn't make
much sense if you have a jewellery skill and you examine an unknown gem
you don't recognise it, but when you use_skill jewellery then you
suddenly identify all your gems.  Similarly, other skills also help
player to do something, using the skill shouldn't be a main thing, IMHO.

  -Tero