CF: Selling unidentified items: another "flaw"

Talking about problems with shopkeepers buying unidentified items at a high
price, here's another oddity for people to think about:  :-)

The Bonecrusher +3, when identified, sells for about 700 plats...
Surprise: the UNIDENTIFIED Bonecrusher +3 sells for about 1200+ plats...
Why would a shopkeeper buy an UNIDENTIFIED item for a price much higher than
what he would quote for an IDENTIFIED version of that same item, which he
knows is worth his money for sure? Doesn't make much sense to me! :-)

My character has been refraining from identifying bonecrushers found on titans
for this reason. :-) There might be a few other artifacts that exhibits this
oddity, if I remember correctly. I can't recall them at the moment, though.
Time to check up on those archetypes I guess! :-)